TCM MAJOR EVENTS
UPCOMING WINTER/SPRING EVENTS - 2016
TCM HAS BEEN RE-INVITED TO HAVE OUR BOOTH AND ATTEND THIS YEAR'S TIM TEBOW FOUNDATION "NIGHT TO SHINE". All across the United States Proms will be for People with Special Needs. This Event is at the 242 Community Church, Brighton, MI. Sorry, Completely SOLD OUT for Friday, February 12, 2016.
TCM RETURNS TO LANSING AT THE STATE CAPITOL FOR OUR 18TH ANNUAL KICK-OFF RALLY PROMOTING "TCM THERAPY CHOIR AWARENESS WEEK IN MICHIGAN"
TCM will again be self-funding this Event with Promotion and Awareness discussions, Performance by representation of our (3) TCM THERAPY CHOIRS. Invited Guests include: Legislative Representatives, Rehabilitation Specialists and TCM Supporters.
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12-1PM (Rotunda)
CHOIR MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS MEET IN THE ROTUNDA AT 11AM.
THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR MENTAL ILLNESS-METRO (NAMI) ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT.
TCM has been invited to speak and have the THERAPY CHOIR perform at their Annual Dinner.
Please see the NAMI website for further information and Ticket prices.
Date/Time: Saturday, March 19, 2016
THE 10TH ANNUAL "CARNIVAL OF CARE". FREE OF CHARGE
Mark your Calendars - Information to follow. It will be at the Sterling Inn, 34911 Van Dyke Rd., Sterling Hts., MI
TCM will have our Booth and will be giving our Annual THERAPY CHOIR Performance. Stop by the Booth and Say HELLO!!! This will be TCM's 9th Year performing at this Event.
Date/Time: Sunday, April 3, 2016 10-3PM
SOME PAST TCM EVENTS 2015 & BACK
TCM IS GOING TO A PROM: The Tim Tebow Foundation has a great passion for people with Special Needs and is celebrating their 5-Year Anniversary for creating a "Night to Shine" Proms in up to 50 different cities across the nation. The 2/42 Community Church is honored to be hosting this event for Michigan! The "Night to Shine" Prom will be full of Special Elements: A Red Carpet Entrance with Paparazzi, Food and More! TCM was invited to have our Booth available for the event.
Date/Time: Friday, February 13, 2015 5-10PM
TCM IS HOSTING AN "OPEN HOUSE EVENT" - TCM will host an "OPEN HOUSE" for starting a ChoirTherapy Singing Group for the Livingston County Area (Brighton, MI). It is open to Special needs Citizens in the surrounding areas.
Date/Time: Saturday, February 28, 2015 3-3:45PM
NO SINGING SKILLS ARE NECESSARY! TCM is about more than just singing! TCM has been having Therapeutic Singing Groups for over 16 years. We Practice Singing, meet other Singers and have FUN! Family Members, Friends and Case Workers are Welcome and can contribute as Volunteer Voices. We will be giving a demonstration and information about scheduling,, funding and how to sign-up.
TCM RETURNS TO LANSING FOR 17th ANNUAL CAPITOL CONCERT! Join us for our 17th Annual Kick-off Rally recognizing the 1st Week of March as TCM CHOIRTHERAPY AWARENESS WEEK IN MICHIGAN! The Therapy Choirs of Michigan will be (Self-Sponsoring) the Event this Year. Invited Guest Speakers include: Rehabilitation Specialists, Legislative Delegates and Supporters of TCM.
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12-1PM
Note: There is not be a Before/After Room as in the past - Meet in the Rotunda area promptly at 11AM!!!
TCM ACCEPTS INVITATION TO THE 9TH ANNUAL CARNIVAL OF CARE! The TCM Choirs will perform promptly at Noon and our youngest Choir Member, Nicholas Johnson, From the Livingston County Area Youth Therapy Choir will be open the Concert with his beautiful rendition of our National Anthem. This Year's Carnival is presented by the D-Man Foundation. TCM will have their annual Booth, so Please stop by to say hello, and get your prize. This Year the Carnival will be held at the Suburban Collection Showcase, 46100 Grand River Ave., Novi, MI. FREE for all who attend!
Date/Time: Sunday, March 22, 2015 12-5PM
DECEMBER 13, 2013 7:00PM - CARHARTT VS. REDWING ALUMNI EVENT.
TCM is pleased to announce that the Original Therapy Choir Members along with our MORC Singing Club have been asked to perform the National Anthem at the 9th Annual Carhatt/Macomb Oakland Regional Center/Red Wings Alumni Fundraiser. Dearborn, MI - General public tickets are only $10 on game day at the arena.
Last year was standing room only for thousands of hockey fans - Carhartt employees, people with disabilities, caregivers, families and MORC Staff.
Carhartt employees use the money raised to buy food, personal care items, linens, gift cards and clothes for our people with disabilities at Christmas time.
AUGUST 2013 - TCM PERFORMS AT THE GARDEN CITY HOSPITAL REHABILITATION UNIT.
Join us for an afternoon of inspirational and uplifting songs at the Garden City Hospital Rehabilitation unit. Along with the free performance, Rev. Renee Machiniak, Pastor of the Church of the Holy City and Chaplain at Wm. Beaumont Hospital and the Royal Oak Police Department will deliver an inspirational talk.
Volunteer Voices are always welcome to add to the singing fun. The singing will start at 1:30PM, arrive at 1PM, performance will be in the Hospital Lobby area.
For further information, please contact Len McCulloch at #248-474-2763 x-22.
MAY 8, 2013 - TCM RETURNS TO THE CAPITOL BUILDING. TCM is returning to the Capitol Building. We will perform on the Capitol Building steps.
We are also so excited and proud that TCM will be receiving a NATIONAL PROCLAMATION, proclaiming the first week of March henceforth is TCM Choir Therapy Week in America.
A brief performance by a sample of Choir Members and Volunteer Voices will be followed by the 9th Annual Walk-A-Mile in My Shoes Rally.
We will be celebrating May as Mental Health Awareness Month in Michigan and the 50 Year Anniversary of Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority. Representatives from 89 Counties in Michigan will be in attendance on the Capitol Lawn. For Information about the Rally visit: www.occmha.org .
MARCH 7, 2012 NOON-1:OOPM - "A CAPITOL PERFORMANCE" 14th Annual TCM Therapy Choir Performance and Kick-off Rally. FREE and Open to the Public. Join us at the State Capitol in the Rotunda, Lansing, MI. This Annual TCM Event promotes the 1st Week of March as "CHOIR THERAPY AWARENESS WEEK IN MICHIGAN".
MARCH 10, 2012 1:00-3:00PM - "CARNIVAL OF CARE EVENT" held again this year at the Best Western Sterling Inn, 34911 Van Dyke, Sterling Hts., MI #1-800-953-1400. Stop by and visit our Booth and enjoy the TCM Choir perform. The Carnival of Care event is presented by Deborah Johnson, President of CARE FORWARD. For More Information see their website at www.carnivalofcare.org and/or Contact Kate McClellan at #248-350-7946 - Bring the family and enjoy the afternoon.
MAY 10, 2012 4:00-7:00PM - "MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS", at the Livonia Burton Manor, Livonia, MI. This is the 8th Annual Mental Health Matters Program sponsored by the Detroit/Wayne County Community Mental Health Board. The TCM Choir will be the featured performance of the evening.
- AUGUST, 2011 - DETROIT'S TIGER STADIUM - COMERICA PARK. The THERAPY CHOIR Particiapted in the performance of the National Anthem with the Automotive Retirement Choir prior to the TIGER Baseball game!
- MARCH 12, 2011 7:00-8:00PM - "CD RELEASE PARTY & FUNDRAISING EVENT" - Our CD release party featuring Christopher Cantrell, a high school student and volunteer voice, took place at The Masters Restaurant in Madison Heights, Michigan. Christopher, a pianist, has produced a CD featuring seven classical selections to help us in our fundraising efforts to continue our important work. These CDs are only $12.00 each, and by purchasing one, YOU will be helping us with our work. "Goodwill Donations" are also welcome!
- MARCH 12, 2011 12:00-1:00PM - "CARNIVAL OF CARE" - (FREE and Open to the public) Our Original Therapy Choir and the M.O.R.C. Singers performed during the lunch period at the Fifth Annual Carnival of Care. We "celebrated the human spirit" with Deborah Johnson, Founder and President of CareForward and the Carnival of Care. This year the Carnival of Care was at the Best Western Sterling Inn.
- MARCH 1, 2011 12:00-1:00PM - "A CAPITOL PERFORMANCE" - (FREE and Open to the public) The Original Therapy Choir and the M.O.R.C Singers performed, along with the Finnish choir and our volunteer voices, in the beautiful rotunda of Michigan's State Capitol Building in Lansing as we kicked-off March as "Choir Therapy Month." Co-Sponsored with Representative Vicki Barnett. This was our 13th Year educating our audience and promoting choir therapy for the entire legislative body and Guests.
- DECEMBER 19, 2010 3PM - "THE FOX THEATRE SHOW" - (FREE with the purchase of a ticket to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker) The M.O.R.C. Singers and a group of volunteer voices gave a Christmas-themed performance at the Fox Theatre in Detroit prior to the Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker. Toward the end of act one, the Singers performed again. Every time that a ticket to the Ballet's performance was ordered through The Therapy Choirs of Michigan, a donation was made to TCM. Please click here to see the flyer for the performance.